Links

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Blackout survival kit

Last week, there is no electricity at all at my faculty. From Monday, 6 April 2015 until Sunday noon, 12 April 2015.

I even have to do equipment testing in my faculty using the Genset power port as the equipment is too heavy to bring to other faculty. Plus less hassle if could test in the same faculty.
Therefore, me and one of my colleague were drenched in sweat while we do installation and testing the equipment. That is when I got the idea on the list of blackout survival kit.

What are the basic essential during blackout for me? The list as follows:
1) A fully charged powerbank with built in LED
  Reason: easy as people nowadays are using powerbank. To have a built in LED in the powerbank could help to save space. Plus, easily to obtain to use during the emergency hour.
  As last month during blackout in UTM JB from 3.00 pm to 3.00 am, my friend told me in that evening during Maghrib prayer already 5 people slipped in the hostel toilet as it was too dark to see. Which is extremely hazardous and high risk of fatal injury😨
A built in LED in powerbank. This powerbank capacity is 20,000 mAh and have 2 USB outlet (1.0 A and 2.1 A)
2) USB fan that can powered up using powerbank+USB humidifier. Need to have extra powerbank with 2 USB outlet for this 2 items.
A combination of 30,000 mAh powerbank (RM 90 with 2 USB outlet of 1.0 A and 2.1 A), USB fan and USB humidifier (the blue doughnut shape at most right)
This black powerbank have cut-off feature where it will automatically off when your phone already fully charged. Which will help your phone battery to have longer lifespan and no overcharge issue.
Powerbank with built in LED in action
The mist that vapour the water faster, thanks to the help of the humidifier
      Reason: The USB fan is portable. This model have 2 speed. The head of the fan can tilt to adjust the angle of the fan head, leave it to turn and can also lock so that it only fan specific angle. Same function as normal size fan.
 I also use it in the car to get extra wind boost especially in this hot till burn bushes type of weather in Pahang.
The fan can be powered up using either 1.0A or 2.1A USB outlet. Just plug and play to the powerbank. No need any installation or setting.
If you are interested, could order the USB fan from me. The price is RM 65 with GST. Shipping fees is RM 12 for Peninsular Malaysia, RM 18 for Sabah, Sarawak and Labuan.
Humidifier is an add on accessories to the USB fan. However, I do suggest for those who works and sleeps in air-conditioned condition to use one. As it helps to humidify the dry air from the aircond. I have once went to a friend house in Nusa Idaman, JB. Her living hall were really cool and nice in the hot blazing noon. She only used fan and a humidifier to keep the living hall cool. I prefer this design of humidifier as it can also put into a larger container such as small pail like I have done in my previous entry http://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2014/10/trip-to-1-malaysia-shop-in-pramu-pahang.html. This enable less effort to refill the water in the container😘
However, not suggested for those who have asthma to use humidifier. As it could increase the asthma attack since it will be too cold and humid for them.
The humidifier also can be powered up using either 1.0A or 2.1A USB outlet. Just plug and play to the powerbank, same like the USB fan. No need any installation or setting.
The price is RM 50 with GST. Shipping fees is RM 12 for Peninsular Malaysia, RM 18 for Sabah, Sarawak and Labuan.

3) Candle. I prefer the long non-drip for long hours blackout. The non-drip one better as it drip less residue compare the normal one. Or for neat one, can opt for the one in aluminium case as per picture below.
4) Mosquito coil. As normally the mosquito will feast on you since there are so fan to give wind resistance from going near you.

Yesterday, I manage to go to Air Leleh Beach to relax my unfocused mind. Stress out with the coming research progress presentation this coming 16 April 2015 with lots more work in my plate😮
Fortunately a friend of mine willing to bring me there😘

Trying to capture the sunshine which penetrating the leaves
My friend said that I need to have a filter to capture this kind of picture. Well, there is no harm trying.
Evening sunshine
The waves at the beach
The upgrading works seems to be almost finish at the beach. Would be nice if there is people who sell food there in the evening.
The Air Leleh Beach is around 2.7 km from UMP Pekan campus, Kuala Pahang.
Till then, wish me luck for my presentation.
For any order for item 2, can contact me directly via email: nurul.huda83@gmail.com or whatsApp me at 0167707527. I will reply after my presentation. My working hour: 4.00 till 6.00 pm weekly😁

No comments:

Post a Comment