Links

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

My awareness on gardening for self consumption

When I am working in KL in 2010, I start to grow betel plant (pokok sirih) in a polybag. Which I normally give to one of the receptionist in my workplace since she is using it.

Now I am targeting to have an output from my garden that could sustain me and my cats daily consumption. Since I have land size 10 feet in my house compound. Nowadays I am taking care of 10 cats and it is much cheaper to grow all ingredients at home. This could reduce cost and time to prepare the food. Where I do find it is time consuming to just to go out to buy the ingredients since my current house is around 5 km from the nearest mart.

There are few vegetables than can be consumed directly without need to cook. Such as Centella Asiatica (pokok pegaga), Winged Bean (pokok kacang botol) and etc. This would come in handy at time when I am in time constraint or sick.
I also prefer to use organic fertilizer than chemical for the vegetables. Since I grow them myself.

At this moment, everything is unorganized since it is still in arrangement process.
Hopefully I could finish my small garden in more organized condition before end year 2016.

1 comment: