Links

Sunday, September 4, 2016

My review on Aquolina - Pink Sugar

There are plenty of vanilla based perfume in the market. But I prefer sweet vanilla smell with caramel. Trying to have the fresh baked cookies smell on me. I stumble on this perfume along the exploring journey. 
Pink Sugar By Aquolina For Women Eau De Toilette Spray, 3.4-Ounce 100ml
This came with a bottle case (on the left of the bottle)

Sadly, this perfume is not available in the mall or perfume boutique in Malaysia. Therefore, I am unable to get a sniff on it for consideration before make my purchase. Also no vial available for this. Regardless the obstacle, I finally manage to buy one unit via online in year 2009.

The fragrance notes [1]:
Top = bergamot, Sicilian orange, fig leaves, raspberry
Heart = strawberry, cotton candy, lily-of-the-valley, licorice blossom, red berries
Base = vanilla, caramel, sandalwood, musk, tonka bean

There are other type of sweet perfume in the market. But I do like this one the most for sweet caramelized vanilla smell. It really satisfy my sweet sense craving at times when needed.

Even though it is EDT, surprisingly this sugar baby last on me more than 12 hours when I am using it for work last time in 2009 till early 2011. I was working in air conditioning room that time. I always make sure to only use 1 spray per application. And this perfume do not need more than that. However, I do find that I can't use this perfume when I am fasting or for sleep. As it makes me hungry faster than I normally would.

Talk about the strength of longevity : 10/10
Sillage: 9/10

During my time using in around end 2011 till 2012, I receive much compliment from my female companion regarding this perfume. They say it does smells like gula-gula masam manis. Refer below image.
Gula-gula masam manis [2]
I am using it again today. After breakfast and long stay back in lab, using the decant that I put in a roll-on bottle. I apply 1 dab of the fragrance on my right wrist, followed by dabbing it to my left wrist and all over my body, I could already smell it strongly evaporating around me. Can't imagine if I spray it on the with such monstrous strength. Might suffocate and give migraine to my lab mate who are also in the midst of finishing work for submission this morning. Up till this evening, the smell still fresh on my wrist. But faintly on myself. Talk about quality of this EDT.

I strongly suggest for people to test this first before using it. As some would find it cloying and suffocating since it is too sweet. Plus, the hot humid tropical weather in Malaysia would definitely make the sweetness worsen when the temperature get higher.
One of the reason why I use roll on perfume. So that I could avoid giving others migraine from the strong sprayed perfume smell.
Since I have experienced the nauseated feeling and terrible headache when I am around people who doused themselves with strong perfume smell. It does takes long time for me to recover from such extreme attack.

Update:
Last night I dab my roll-on Pink Sugar on me after getting in my other half's car. He immediately asked me if the sweet foodie smell that he detect is coming from me. Right after I finish dab on the perfume. I was quite surprised since he never ask such question. Then, it happens that he was hungry that time. No wonder he become sensitive on my scent that time. Seems like the sweet foodie scent does makes him crave for food more.

Till then, have a good smelling day ahead no matter how late you stay back to finish your work.

References:
[1] Notes in perfume Pink Sugar EDT http://www.sephora.com/pink-sugar-P44903
[3] The look of my precious perfume Pink Sugar EDT last 10 October 2018 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/10/perfume-pink-sugar-edt-by-aquolina-best.html

4 comments:

  1. does it smells like cotton candy and do you recommend it on a man ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does smell like cotton candy after almost 2 hours usage. Since it reached the heart note of cotton candy based on my body reaction. I do know few male using this sweet perfume and it does complement their body chemistry. Can always try vial to experiment with your body chemistry before proceed with full size bottle. Better safe than sorry.

      Delete
  2. does it smells like cotton candy and do you recommend it on man ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does smell like cotton candy after almost 2 hours usage. Since it reached the heart note of cotton candy based on my body reaction. I do know few male using this sweet perfume and it does complement their body chemistry. Can always try vial to experiment with your body chemistry before proceed with full size bottle. Better safe than sorry.

      Delete