Links

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Working under pressure and less equipment. How you cope with it?

Being an avid traveller who travel by bus, I always make sure to be prepared for worst case scenario.

As a person and an engineer who constantly working on the move, there are a few items that I have found essential for professional worker traveller.
List of the item:
1) Android platform phone
   - Reason to use: open platform. Easy compatibility with most of my Microsoft based documents. Plus build in PDF viewer which is even better to view journals and etc.
     Regardless you're using different phone platform such as Apple and Windows, you can still do your work, task and assignment by drafting in email or note apps in your phone. Then paste the drafted content in Google doc. For chart or any illustrative part, just sketch on a paper. Snap picture of it. Then attach to your work. That is still way better than nothing. No wonder people who use Note by Samsung were very lucky to have such device in hands. Regardless what, the user stil need to know how to use it. If not, smartphone will only become "SEMAK" phone. Now already reaching to launch Samsung Note 5 with 4 GB RAM after Note 4 in the current market. How fast the technology is nowadays.

2)  OTG USB cable
   - This cable I would normally used when I wanted to read journals or edit any office documents on the go from my pen drive. This save a lot of space in my phone as I can access my documents seamlessly from my pen drive. Without need to kept all the documents in my phone.
     This cable also easily compatible with most of my Android phone and also my friends.
     This is also a bonus to me as sometimes the usage of laptop are restricted in bus or bus stop or small bus station like Pekeliling in KL or even in large bus station like JB Central or Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS).

3) Powerbank
   - Minimum quantity that I bring along even for daily basis is 3 units. I have 1 unit of 30,000 mAh, 1 unit of 20,000 mAh and 1 unit of 10,000 mAh. This really helps especially in sudden blackout in the faculty or places that you go.
     Plus, I normally charge my phone using powerbank even when I have car charger with me in order to have longer lifespan phone. You can read the side effect using car charger to charge up phone in this link http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-news-discussion/298231-safe-use-car-charger.html. To be frank, I do not advise to do so. As there will be a spike of input towards your phone when you hit the fuel pedal. Since I have experienced one of my usb humidifier blow up after using car charger to use it in the car. Since that, me and my friend concluded that the using car charger is the cause of our phone lifespan shorter than ever😉.
One of my powerbank do have cut-off features. Which means, the powerbank will automatically stop charging your phone when it is already full. The main reason my friends and my boss loving the powerbank that I suggested.
Front view

The back view of powerbank with cut-off features
     I even experienced 1 guy, I think he's a student asking to charged up his phone via my powerbank while we are in a bus. I can't say no at that moment. But for me personally, you really have to learn to save up your phone battery for emergency yourself. Especially to prepare contact person that will come to fetch you once arrived your destination.

4) 4 port usb wall adapter.
   - Well that is the minimum port that I am using. I normally suggest people who are already have family or even single to use it as it is convenient when you're travelling especially when go back home town. One of my customer even express his gratitude to me the next day after purchase as he no longer need to fight for the wall socket with his spouse. Although his kid not yet using phone at this moment.
As for my boss, his kids now monopoly the 4 port usb charger as it charged faster that the charger given in the original phone package until he have to buy another one for his own usage.
Me abusing my current 5 port usb wall adapter
Up close of the carger
The price of current 6 port wall charger. I sell less than this price including cable for 4 port usb
What matter the most is what you can do to adapt with the situation. Complains without effort cannot make things better. Yet,to have constructive complaints also good for improvement.
As me being an engineers, we are train to adapt and try to solve problems and come out with the best possible solutions😃
Yet, all of this makes my bag heavy each day. Still in process learning to simplify my stuff and my life. How I hope to have such life.

Till next entry, have a good ending day.

No comments:

Post a Comment