Links

Monday, October 17, 2016

Benefit of Nona or Sri Kaya fruit

This morning I drop by a printing shop to help my friend print advertisement banner for rent/sale usage. Before I start my car engine, I manage to take a glimpse look on my surrounding. I notice there is a nona or sri kaya tree with heaps of fruit dangling in front of shop next door.
I immediately went to the shop and ask the worker there if possible for me to get one piece of the fruit. They were like shocked when I asked such request. Seems like no one ever ask before. But they were very kind to help to choose and pluck the fruit for me.
The fruit size is filling most of my palm area
Diameter of this fruit is almost 6.5 cm
Other name for this fruit is sugar-apple or sweetsop [3].
It have similar texture with soursop [2] fruit. Where it is not a surprise since they are within the same main family tree. Would be ideal to plant in my small land due to the small tree size compare to soursop tree.
The leaves from this plant [1] could be used to repel lice. This is nice to put in my cat cage later on for prevention purpose.
Sugar-apple or nona or sri kaya is high in energy, an excellent source of vitamin C and manganese, a good source of thiamine and vitamin B6, and provides vitamin B2, B3 B5, B9, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium [3]. I do find this is very helpful for woman like me especially during menstrual cycle. Since I am heavily affected by my imbalance hormone during such period of time.
Hopefully I am able to germinate the seed from this fruits with high success rate.

Till then, have a good healthy day ahead.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annona_squamosa
[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annona_muricata
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar-apple


No comments:

Post a Comment