Links

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Ideas on gardening in small house with no land area or high rise building

I talk about gardening this with one of my foreign friends. Who is currently unemployed. He even asked me what that he could grow at home since he is living in apartment. Well, considering his origin, no wonder he asked me such question.


For me who already in saving mode as I have 5 cats to feed, force me to be creative to think ways to survive. That is why I have started to try and grew as much as I could in my land area where the size is only 10" x 70". Especially now where the groceries price hike up.
Now I already have tomatoes, yam, papaya, Sabah snake grass, Cat Whiskers, sugar cane, pineapple, mango. Trying to grow potatoes, ginger, turmeric, chilies, pumpkin for next attempt.

I did read in this article about  how a model turn her 1200 sqft loft to be fill with almost 500 plants. She is also a writer, businesswoman, chef and an ecologist [1].
She even have pineapple, cucumber, rosemary, squash, lemongrass, micro greens, lemon balm, curry, fig, a lemon tree and numerous other edibles growing in her apartment [1].
I am totally impressed with her gardening effort since such work requires a lot of effort and dedication. Even me who have land area size 10"x 70" still cannot compete with her plant collections which reach 500 plants.
Further in the article did mention that since small she loves to bring outdoor into indoor. She even bring moss in her room and raise insects there.

What makes me envious is she grew more plants than I do at home on my land area.

Basically, there is no excuse from not growing anything for your own consumption. All depends on the individual themselves.

[1] https://www.6sqft.com/my-1200sqft-inside-model-summer-rayne-oakes-williamsburg-oasis-filled-with-500-plants/

No comments:

Post a Comment