Links

Saturday, November 5, 2016

Process of changing voting address took less than 5 minutes

To change voting address, you will need to go to post office yourself. As the form need to be signed by you and the post office personnel once it is filled. The filling in form process took less than 5 minutes. But the longest part is waiting for your turn in the post office.
The registration system will take 3 months for validation process. You are able to check your application status online [1].

Example of the filled voting form - to change address

webpage to check your voting status [1]
Result of my application for change of address
I have change my IC and license in UTC Johor Bahru last time when I renew my license. The experience will be in other entry.

I opt to change voting address as that is the my latest address. Plus, that is the place I currently staying and work. Which is much more sensible for me to cast my vote there instead of my original hometown.

You could also wait for Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya (SPR) Malaysia [2]  counter to be open near voting season, you might need to queue long.
I have change my voting address last week while went to the post office to buy a post express envelope.

For those who are still not register for voting, please do so in the post office. The registration took less than 5 minutes also. As your vote is important to determine leader of your choice.

Till then, have a good weekend ahead.

[1] http://daftarj.spr.gov.my/DAFTARJ/
[2] http://www.spr.gov.my/

1 comment: