Links

Monday, June 27, 2022

My homemade lip matte liquid in pink colour

This is taken in the morning of 14 June 2022. Where I manage to make homemade lip matte in pink colour. So far, I am loving the texture and colour. I do use it on my cheeks also.
I am trying this homemade lip matte liquid in order to get transfer proof lip colour. As my earlier lip balm in colour does transfer on the used face mask [1]. Despite it is hydrating well.
The look of used homemade lip matte liquid in the morning.
My look with homemade lip matte liquid when I am on the way back home.  I applied after Zohor prayer. Somehow it looks quite red.
The look of homemade lip matte liquid in its tube for daily application and testing.

Swatch test on the back of my hand. It was quite sheer. But I did not add more than the formula.


The look of the mixed lip matte liquid in beaker.

I am still in experimenting stage to test the lasting duration of using this homemade lip matte liquid in pink.
For this version, I am using rosehip oil as one of the hydrating ingredient. 
When using this lip matte liquid, it is crucial to be fast in application. As it set faster than normal lip liquid. So far it is transfer proof. Love the current colour used. I do apply thin and add on as needed. However, I do advised in using my homemade lip and face balm on lips daily. Especially before applying this homemade lip matte liquid. As this helps my lips in good shape for smooth lip matte liquid application. 
What I love about making my own lip matte liquid is the ability to choose the used ingredients. Definitely I use safe, hydrating and halal ingredients. No harsh chemicals or heavy metals especially that can contribute lead is used [2,3]. 
Plus I am able to ensure stock for usage. As nowadays, even Revlon and Makeup Geek have close down from producing cosmetics [4].
I am really glad for having the awareness in making my own homemade lip matte liquid. One of my effort in taking good care of myself while at the same time to look presentable and fresh.
Till then, have fun in making your own lip matte.

References:
[2] Lead has been found in 20 brand-lipsticks during a product test commissioned by the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, a nonprofit coalition. The tests were conducted by an independent laboratory on red lipsticks bought in Boston, Hartford, Connecticut, San Francisco and Minneapolis. https://www.greenlivingshow.ca/blog-post/red-poison-kiss/
[3] US research shows may leading brands of lipstick contain dangerously high levels of lead. http://www.china.org.cn/health/2008-07/24/content_16060531.htm
[4] Cosmetics maker Revlon files for bankruptcy in US https://www.bbc.com/news/business-61835796

No comments:

Post a Comment