Links

Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Yellow-spotted millipedes

This is taken on the noon of 7 June 2024. Where I noticed a lot of these yellow-potted millipedes on the fallen leaves on the tar road.
Close up on the yellow-potted millipedes.
Some information on them [1]:
Ecology
Harpaphe haydeniana is an important part of the forest ecosystem, breaking down leaf litter and freeing its nutrients for other organisms.[3] It is commonly associated with redwood forests where many individuals may be found within a small area.[4] Immature millipedes feed on humus.


That is why I love to learn about the insects that I found around my gardens. In order to know their function to my gardens. 
Until then, let those yellow-spotted millipedes works their work diligently. 

Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment