Links

Friday, April 29, 2016

Cyber Security Workshop in Eastin Hotel by Siemens Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.

It has been almost 5 years since I leave Siemens. And this week I manage to attend their workshop on Cyber Security in Eastin Hotel.
During the Q&A Session
It was a fulfilling workshop with plenty of new information especially for power plant area. My team were the only one from university while the rest of attendees were from various power plant customer and end user. It was an honor to attend the talk when saw the full crowd in the room.

I manage to get invitation for the talk as I still keeping in touch with my ex-Manager since my Supervisor needs input for his research from PLC provider. That is called good networking and constant communication. Plus since I leave my position with good reputation. That is called good impression;)

The focus of the workshop is actually to give awareness to the user of Siemens DCS (Distributed Control System) on the importance to have defense from cyber attack as the attack could also comes from inside. Within the I & C (Instrumentation and Control) Systems. Where it actually serves as "central nervous system" in the power plant. Especially when nowadays too many attack goes to nuclear power plant.
Me with the speaker, Mr Goldmann Christian from Siemens AG
Me with Suzi, the girl who replace me when I resign from Siemens

I was also given few questions from the attended personnel from TNB. Where they asked why do I leave my position since Siemens give good perks and benefits. Which I did found the question is interesting. I will answer the questions in my other entry and link it here later.

2 comments: