Links

Thursday, August 18, 2016

My review on oval brush set

Brush material: synthetic hair
Size: range of 11.9 - 16.5 cm (H) x 0.5 - 4 cm (W)
Total brush : 10 pieces
Consist of foundation, blush, eye shadow, eyeliner, concealer, eyebrow, lip finish, nose contour, powder, cheek contour.
The set comes with pouch to store brush.
Un-boxing the oval set brush
There are plenty of seller and supplier for this oval brush set. So far, I found that there are 3 colour for this oval brush. All black, gold and rose gold colour.

I purchase this brush after make a research on it. Since it is much cheaper than the Artis Makeup Brush [1]. There are huge difference between this oval set brush than the Artis Makeup Brush. Which is the handle. Artis Makeup Brush have sturdier design compared to mine. However, for the sake of satisfying my curiosity for oval set brush, I opt this one as it is much cheaper. Couldn't afford to spend 10 times of money on the Artis Makeup Brush [2].

I bought from https://www.ovalbrushset.com/. Took almost 2 weeks to reach me here in Malaysia after the day I placed order.

Below is my review on the oval set brush after using it for a week.

My review:
Good
  • Foundation, blush and contour were soft
Bad
  • The powder brush too stiff/dense and feel harsh on my skin. I prefer fluffy brush to dust powder on my face. I am unable to pat or even brush off powder gently on my skin. Better application achieved when using a kabuki brush or powder puff
  • Eyeliner brush = too wide for me to use under my eyes and for thin neat cat eye
  • Eyebrow brush takes longer time to get good result. Better use normal eyebrow brush. Faster and neat since it is pointy compared to this oval eyebrow brush
Advantage:
  • Large surface area for foundation and blush brush. Better for wider area application
  • Each brush have labelled with their function. Make it much easier for beginner and new buyer
Disadvantage:
  • The provided pouch for the brush is not good enough to protect the brush bristle from damage by being squashed in make up bag. Need to use hard case bag for the brush
  • Hard to retain the original texture brush bristle after wash. Especially for eyeliner brush
  • Took me longer time to get used to it since the design is different from standard make up brush
Washing the new brush before use. A good habit that I try to keep. The label for each brush is clearly shown in this picture
For those who are interested to know how I wash my brush, could go for link in reference  [3].

Conclusion:
  • The brush that I use the most is foundation brush. It is really good in blending the foundation all over the face
  • I do find that this brush suits for home usage only. Since it took longer time for me to get ready using it after testing it out for 1 week
  • Better use normal design of make up brush for travel. Since the normal brush have standard size for make up brush storage
  • I do find faster application using normal make up brush compared oval set brush. Since I am used to the normal type. More time is required to familiarised with this oval set brush
  • Better test it out before make a purchase
  • Since the tracking for this purchase will only up after the item left the sender country for destination, would advise for those who have doubt to buy from local supplier to be safe and sure
Till then, have a good time in putting on make up :x 

Reference:
[1] http://www.artisbrush.com/
[2] http://www.artisbrush.com/shop-1#/elite-go
[3] http://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.my/2016/08/cleaning-make-up-brush-is-good-habit.html?m=0

No comments:

Post a Comment