Links

Monday, September 21, 2020

My precious sewing tools : thread snipper and seam ripper

After start sewing a lot during and after MCO, I learned few tips that helps my sewing process. Among them is usage of thread snipper and seam ripper.

The one on the right is thread snipper while the other is seam ripper.

I found that thread snipper helps a lot to cut in delicate fabric and small area. I tend to use thread snipper after pull the thread using seam ripper. I have to use this sequence for delicate fabric and area that I used to make my custom face mask and phone pouch. As the delicate fabric could easily ripped off if I used seam ripper only to cut off thread after pull it out. Especially on parts that need to be repaired or amend on delicate fabric. Among delicate fabric that I am currently using is micro fibre eyelet, cotton lycra, lycra, soft t-shirt material, satin and silk. All are my preferred material used for my custom face mask since they are very breathable material or fabric.

I also use seam ripper to help take out newly filled bottom thread to my portable sewing machine. Basically I need both thread snipper and seam ripper on my side each time I am using my portable sewing machine. There is still a lot that I need to learn in my new sewing venture.

Till then, have fun in learning new tip in sewing that helps to protect your precious fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment