Links

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Fluffy white caterpillar on my Cnidoscolus aconitifolius leaf plant

This is taken in the morning of 20 April 2022. Where I saw a fluffy white caterpillar on the leaf of my Cnidoscolus aconitifolius plant. I am unable to trace the name of this fluffy white caterpillar. Well, my rule of thumb is to always avoid from having any contact with such fluffy caterpillar. In order to avoid any unnecessary sting or pain or rash. But I finally know the type of hairy huge caterpillar that I encounter last 24 September 2021 [1]. Its name is Orgyia detrita, the fir tussock moth or live oak tussock moth [1].


Cnidoscolus aconitifolius, commonly known as chaya, tree spinach, or spinach tree [2]. Where its leaves look a lot like cassava or tapioca and even papaya. 

Pictures taken using my Huawei Y9 2019 Prime phone. 

Till then, be safe while tending your planted plants at home. As my usual practice is to be safe than sorry.

References:

[1] Huge hairy caterpillar last 24 September 2021 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2021/10/huge-hairy-caterpillar-in-brown-colour.html

[2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnidoscolus_aconitifolius

No comments:

Post a Comment