Links

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Huge hairy caterpillar in brown colour

This is taken in the morning of 24 September 2021.
The huge size of the hairy caterpillar beside my finger. 


Video of the hairy caterpillar moving taken by Animals Collection in YouTube. Still I am looking for its name. 
If you happen to know this hairy caterpillar name, I appreciate to know. At this moment, I normally relocate the hairy caterpillar from inside my house compound to outside. In order to reduce my body itchiness that arise each time after bath, right after doing gardening works. Which I make sure to use antibacterial soap such as Lifebuoy, Anatabac, Dettol and etc. Better safe than sorry.
Till then, be safe while tending your planted plants at home and keep away from hairy caterpillar. 

Update 20 April 2022:
Found out its name to be Orgyia detrita, the fir tussock moth or live oak tussock moth [1].

Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment