Links

Monday, June 19, 2023

My first flowers from pokok kesidang (Vallaris glabra) plant

This is taken on the evening of 18 June 2023. Where I noticed the wafting fragrant smell of chopped pandan leaves. While giving Furball the cat her food near my lemon tree. I look for it 3 times when I finally found it. First flowers to my kesidang (Vallaris glabra) tree. 
This is after 1 year, 8 months and 15 days of planting it. Acquired it last 4 October 2021. Well, maybe the used additional fertilizer with boron and calcium helps to boost it to bear flowers. Since I started using it last 22 May 2023. 
When I asked another friend who bought the plant similar time, his plant also just started bearing flowers 2 months ago. Which means mine is just on time. Despite it is planted under the shade of kelapa mataq (coconut) tree and pokok lemuni hitam
Having a hard time finding it as the flowers are located lower than my knee. 
Only able to locate it after 3rd attempt while scouting for it. As I was expecting the flower will be on the top tip end of the vine.
This kesidang (Vallaris glabra) is among the fragrant flower plants that I planted at home. Others are orange jasmine, jasmine, water jasmine (santalia), kenanga (ylang ylang), cempaka telur putih (Magnolia coco) and etc. As I am now aiming to sniff a natural fragrant flower smell from my house compound.
Until then, have fun enjoying the good pandan leaves scent from your planted kesidang (Vallaris glabra) flowers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment