Links

Saturday, February 18, 2017

Honey bamboo in my house

Last time, I am not a fan eating bamboo shoots. But after staying in kl few years back, my aunt always cook it in her home in most of my visit. Eventually,  I grow to love the taste. And I do find later that honey bamboo shoots (rebung buluh madu) taste better and sweeter.
Thanks to one nice Uncle, I manage to get more than 1 unit of these precious honey bamboo for my house.
Can see how solid the stem of this honey bamboo. Can be alternative for clothes hanging rod at home

The bamboo shoot

The bamboo before planting
This morning, I spend my time to replant the precious honey bamboo trees.
Found 1 earthworm while digging

Close up on the earthworm

I throw it in the bamboo polystyrene

My precious honey bamboo in polystyrene before fix place for them 

Soaking up my pisang berangan and pisang lemak manis for disinfection before replanting

Balance of my honey bamboo in used pail
Please be extra careful while digging up the soil in front of my house area to replant few plants such as curry tree, keremak and etc.. As I just encounter centipede that can sting you along with her little ones.
The centipede baby

Half portion of the adult centipede
If possible, do use thick working glove while rummaging the soil. Fortunately that time I am using my working boots. Cannot imagine the pain if being sting by this centipede as people say the black one sting is more potent than the red centipede.

Till then, be safe while gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment