Links

Thursday, February 23, 2017

Update 1 on my pumpkins growth

At this moment, I have done manual pollination on 8 female pumpkin flower. However, only 5 of them survive and growing bigger as pumpkin fruits. Basically, my success rate is 62.5 % on manual pollination.
This is the growth since early November 2016. After around 3 months and 16 days.

Measurement is taken early this week.
The largest one is 35 cm in diameter

23 cm in diameter

25.5 cm in diameter

The unfortunate fallen female pumpkin flower

This is the picture while it is blooming

The look after 2 days manual pollinating

Booming before manual pollination process

The look after 2 days manual pollinating

Nowadays, I make sure to be early in order to catch the female pumpkin flower booming on time for the manual pollination daily.
Some beetle near my pumpkin leaves
They still stick together regardless I have lift up the above leaves
Hopefully those beetles are the good bugs for my tree. Haven't check their details yet. Regardless what, I am disciplining myself to spray neem oil without fail to all my plants daily. Hopefully, that will minimize the damage and protect my crops.

My previous entry on the pumpkin:
1) http://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.my/2016/12/my-attempt-growing-pumpkin-from-seeds.html

2) http://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.my/2017/02/update-on-growth-of-my-plants-tomatoes.html

3) http://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.my/2017/02/manual-pollinating-my-pumpkin-at-home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment