Links

Friday, February 10, 2017

Manual pollinating my pumpkin at home

Currently I learned that I have to manual pollinate my pumpkins flower in order to get a pumpkin fruit.

From this, it will took around 3 days only to boom like below

My pumpkin area

The booming male pumpkin flower

Close up on the pollen in the male pumpkin flower

The fifth flower booming yesterday morning
Top angle of the female pumpkin flower 

Close up on the female pumpkin flower

The look of the inner part of female pumpkin flower after manual pollination process. Can see clearly the inside already covered with male pumpkin flower pollen
Finally one from 4 of my female pumpkin flower successfully become a pumpkin fruit

This female pumpkin flower doesn't seems able to survive to be a pumpkin fruit. The fruit belly below is also yellowing. Compared with the above

Close up on the yellowing female pumpkin flower


The one that I see is, I have to monitor the growth rate of the female pumpkin daily. As it only took around 3 days to boom from the first picture above. The best time to do manual pollination is between 7.30 am to 8.30 am. If you missed the time, the female pumpkin flower will wither and died.
If you want to learn details on how the manual pollination is done, can come and join my gardening class later in end of this February 2017. Class fees would be RM 50 per person and I will personally guide you. Same goes on manual pollination of tomatoes flower.
Till then, have a good time tracking your pumpkin flower growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment