Links

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Experimenting with rolled oats

This is taken last 19 April 2024. Where I finally found rolled oats in one supermarket near my residential area. Normally only able to find instant oat and quick oat in the nearest mini market. The reason rolled oats is being bought as I wanted to start making incorporating overnight oats for my daily routine. 

From the packaging, rolled oats take longest time to be cooked. That is 5 minutes. 

Quick oat takes 2 minutes to cook.

Instant oat only need to add hot water.

Can choose which ever suits your needs.

Suggested recipe is 5 tablespoon of rolled oats with 240 ml milk.
The brown part is brown sugar. I add 1/4 teaspoon for taste.

Tested in the evening of 19 April 2024 around 8 pm. Half from recipes on the packaging. That is 32 gm rolled oat with 17.5 gm powder milk and 100 ml water. Steam for 15 minutes. And I end up feel full until 10 am the next day. Around 14 hours time. For me it is quite and achievement. 

As I easily feel hungry again 2 hours after eating 50 gm of rice with sambal goreng the next evening.

I have started eating oat since in 20s. As Nestum is not fulfilling enough for my stomach. So I have to eat oat to keep my stomach at peace. 

Hopefully I will be able to be consistent with my overnight oats aim. Since during few days of the month, my stomach process much faster than usual processing time. Which action is needed to address such issue.
Until then, have fun in trying out overnight oats.

No comments:

Post a Comment