Links

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

The look of harvested pisang raja (banana) fruits

This is taken on the morning of 16 April 2024. Finally able to harvest the yellowing pisang raja (banana) fruits. Able to get 4 sisir/sikat (comb) of pisang raja (banana) fruits. First sisir/sikat (comb) contains of 10 unit pisang raja (banana) fruits. Second sisir/sikat (comb) contains of 9 unit pisang raja (banana) fruits. Third sisir/sikat (comb) contains of 9 unit pisang raja (banana) fruits. Fourth sisir/sikat (comb) contains of 9 unit pisang raja (banana) fruits.

The close up look of the fallen off ripe yellow pisang raja (banana) fruit.

One of my regular customer immediately asked me if I am selling the pisang raja (banana) fruits. After sharing the picture. Since early this year she have missed out the one harvested last 16 January 2024 (first harvest of pisang raja (banana) fruits in year 2024). I have informed her I can only check the price after weighing it once I am back home in the evening to confirmed the selling price including delivery.
unit pisang raja (banana) fruit from second sisir/sikat (comb) weigh 174.7 gm. And it does taste sweet and refreshing when eaten during end of my fasting that day.
For this pisang raja (banana) plant, I have long reduced the fertilizer dosage and frequency. Since the earlier ones size is too big and heavy. My customer prefer moderate size like pisang berangan (banana) size. Basically bigger size does not matter here. Plus, when it is bigger it is heavier. Quantity also matters. Lesson learned after 5 years planting it. Since January 2019 [2]. Regardless, I am grateful to have the opportunity to self plant and taste this tasty pisang raja (banana) fruits. And thankful to one of gardening members to sell the offspring to me last 2019. Since it is fallen under rare category already that time. I also have never encountered it in fruit stalls and shops.
Normally, it is best suggested to replant the banana plant to other places after each year or harvest. However, seems like my method in using self made compost fertilizer works well to let the soil recover after each year of harvest. Still a lot to learn.
Until then, be safe while harvesting your planted pisang raja (banana) fruits.

References:
[1] The look of yellowing pisang raja (banana) fruits on its tree before harvest last 15 April 2024 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2024/04/the-look-of-yellowing-pisang-raja.html
[2] The look of my pisang raja (banana) plant last January 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/01/planting-pisang-raja-banana-directly-on.html

No comments:

Post a Comment