Links

Sunday, August 4, 2024

Putting freshwater turtle/terrapin to nearest water source

This is taken on the noon of 2 August 2024. Where I was driving at the back of my colleague car. Then he suddenly stop at the middle of the road. Which makes me honk him. Turns out he was shooing a freshwater turtle/terrapin to the side of the road. After he drive on. I decided to pull over. To take the freshwater turtle/terrapin. As I can see it try to cross back the road. I u-turn. Then go to the nearest water source that I know. Located nearby Pusat Kesihatan UTM. 
I have to end up throw the freshwater turtle/terrapin inside the water. As it takes too long to go into the water. Can see near the end of the taken video. Where it pop it head out of the water and look straight at me. I drove off after that. 
My colleague even texted me. Asking where I went. Since he is not able to see my car at the back. Fortunately I have the video as proof what I do.
Actually, I have been collecting such freshwater turtle/terrapin from the road ever since I am in primary school. As I know it can be crashed upon car tyres. Learn it from my late father on such. He used to bring it back home. Then put inside large basin. Where me and my siblings will try out best to stay silent and peep. To see the freshwater turtle/terrapin pop out its head. We normally release it to nearby lake in the next evening. I do miss such scene. Well, it will always be my fondest memory. 
Until then, be safe while relocate the freshwater turtle/terrapin to nearest water source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment