Links

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Virgin Coconut Oil as my Beauty Essential

I would like to share my experience in using Virgin Coconut Oil (VCO). I have start using it consistently as make up remover from Feb 2014, and ever since that no more other make up remover for me. I will use short term VCO in my explanation onward.
There are plenty of usage for VCO. Such as:
  1. Make up remover
  2. Body detox for glow from within
  3. Skin moisturiser. Especially when having dry skin condition
  4. Hair moisteriser
  5. First aid for cuts or wound
  6. Massage oil as it helps to nourish the skin during the process
  7. Chapped lips
  8. Sunscreen. It have SPF of 4
What make me decide to try VCO?
  • Since coconut is easily found in any part of Malaysia. And after digging information from various sources of research, forum and blog. I did found justification and testimonial on the good effect using the VCO as make up remover.  
a) Weakness of existing manufactured make up remover
  • Dries skin.
  • Irritate eyes. Especially when removing eye-liner, mascara.
  • Consisting plenty of active ingredient that could give long term impact after using them consistently for a long time.
b) Cost
  • For other type of make remover, good one may cost much. Have to consistently look for offer if want to save a lot when buy it. Sometimes, need to use more than instructed in the label. Example, I have use Biore Aqua Jelly Makeup Remover of 230 ml, price RM 30 before offer (if I was not mistaken). It was good make up remover, but harsh to my eyes.
c) Time/ ease of use / simpler/ less hassle
What make you stick to VCO?
  • Multi purpose usage. While VCO being used as make up remover, it also helps to nourish skin, preventing it from drying.
  • Efficient in removing waterproof make up such as mascara, eyeliner. Bonus, not irritating eyes.
  • For someone who travel a lot and sleep in air condition area, VCO is the best to bring along the journey. It helps to soothes my skin that dries too much during haze in Malaysia last Oct 2014. It also works as good make up remover. And works as good moisturiser that makes me skips my toner and moisturising cream after cleansing. I also use it as replacement to night cream when travel. And it keeps my face looking fresh in the morning. It also helps to nourish my hair and scalp after drying my hair. Basically, VCO is all in one product/essential product that you could bring when you travel, provided if you want to be fresh and beautiful all the time ^_^   This is me, before and after using VCO. With make up and not. The difference is tremendous as people who not often see me, would ask what I do use once see me back since April 2014. I start using VCO as make up remover since 8 Feb 2014, daily. On-off consumption since I’m travelling. Still, the improvement were tremendous. 
d) From health perspective, hygiene
  • VCO helps to detox your body if you take 15 ml daily, every morning. What I do, I put 15 ml in my milk where I shake them in my shaker for easy consumption ^_^ my throat still unable to take VCO directly although they smell as good as coconut candy #_# – need to use the VCO daily until it finish as I have experience leaving a small portion untouched for 1 week. And the smell turn bad (no more coconut candy smell) once I reach it out last night to finish it off. Still usable for face, but no-no for consumption. ~ Sigh~ Such a waste. But a good experience for me who are still in learning process.
e) Cost
  • Small bottle of 30 ml worth RM 20.
  • Largest bottle of 100 ml worth RM 45.  
f) Availability
  • You can buy this from me. Postage will be RM 9 per 30 ml (done it last May 2014). Not sure for the postage cost for 100 ml bottle @_@  
g) Easy to carry
  • The 30 ml bottle is easy to carry and I do bring it all the time for emergency.
~ Promote my grooming class : I have plan to held my grooming class soon, this year. Stay tuned for it ^_^
 Pictures of my face before and after removing make up using VCO:
Before cleaning using VCO.
Before cleaning using VCO.
Left is the clean part. Right is the non-clean.
Left is the clean part. Right is the non-clean.
Hope you could see the difference.
The left side that being cleaned using VCO
The left side that being cleaned using VCO
Right side, non-clean part.
Right side, non-clean part.
The make up that being removed using VCO
The make up that being removed using VCO
The make up residue on the face cotton.

No comments:

Post a Comment