Links

Thursday, February 20, 2020

Comparison on the opening cutting angle between 2 garden cutters

This is taken in the evening of 11 February 2020. Where my colleage asked me to help to remove rust on his cutter. The garden cutter is purchased last 5 February 2020. He accidentally left his garden cutter to open area and being splashed by rain water. I was quite surprised to see how fast it rusted. I suspected that the rain water nowadays very polluted and full of chemicals.
It is 1 size bigger than my garden cutter. Also the opening cutting angle around 45 degrees. Compare to mine that is around 25 degrees. Still, mine has served well since bought last 2015. Almost 5 years being with me and still rust free.




The look of the new bought garden cutter last 5 February 2020.
This new garden cutter is around 30% heavier than mine. I love the wide opening cutting angle. Makes it easier to cut off thicker branches like coconut. Since mine need to cut more than 2 part to trim off my  dried coconut branches. However, I do think extra precaution is needed when handling it. Since the opening cutting angle is too wide. Not suitable for beginner and to be used when not in good health.
For me, I make custom pouch to store my garden cutter in my custom made gardening bag. To ensure its safety. Also makes it easier to find when need to be used.
Till then, have fun in taking good care of your precious garden cutter to be free from rust.

No comments:

Post a Comment