Links

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Pumpkin cake in lab today - baked and steam version

At first I wanted to make pengat labu from the harvested organic pumpkin last 2 days ago[1]. However, since the pumpkin is small, I decided to bake fresh pumpkin cake. As I would be able to share it with more people.
I have to peel and steam the pumpkin first before put it in the batter.
Peeling the pumpkin using knife. The peeler is not sharp enough for the thick and hard skin pumpkin.

I continue peeling regardless there are students presenting their group work that time.

Remain focus on the peeling process.

Preparing to cook.
The ingredients.
The setup.

The look of the peeled pumpkin flesh.

The weight of the bowl.
Basically the cleaned pumpkin flesh = 313 gm.
Steam the pumpkin in order to be used in cake batter.
Steaming the pumpkin flesh using manual lunch box in the lab.
The finished cake batter.
Steaming version of the pumpkin cake.
Baking cake in pressure cooker using cake function.

Close up on the baked pumpkin cake using pressure cooker.
Overall view of both pumpkin cake = steam using lunch box and baked using pressure cooker.
Side closed up on the pumpkin cake.
Slicing off the pumpkin cake.
One of satisfied eater.
Me finishing cutting off the pumpkin cake
2 person beside me tasting the pumpkin cake.
The pumpkin cake eaters.
The last portion from each version.
Good review from one of my friend on the taste of my organic pumpkin cake.
One of the person who tasted my freshly baked organic pumpkin did request for me to make more of it. I just simply said that he would need to invest on my organic garden in order to get continuous supplies. As I am able to grow and also bake for them on the spot 😉.

Last time, my customer just steam and fried the organic pumpkin that she purchase from me [2].

Till then, have fun cooking and sharing food in your work place 😉.

References:

1 comment:

  1. Organic pumpkin is delicious. The person sitting at the most back in my picture actually ate more than me who are closer to the food!

    ReplyDelete