Links

Friday, December 11, 2020

Glass lid for my pressure cooker inner pot

This is taken in the morning of 10 December 2020. Where I decided to fry 4 unit of beef karipap using my pressure cooker. Since I feel to tired to stand to fry it on gas stove. Also due to the clean up splatter after frying.

The look of frying process in my pressure cooker Philips HD 2137.

The look of used glass lid to cover the inner pot after cooking. While waiting for the oil to cool down before storage.
I only used less than 100 ml cooking oil to fry 4 unit karipap. It does takes 2 times longer than gas stove. But I am able to cook with less splatter and get nice evenly cooked karipap. No burned karipap issue. Just an experiment attempt while working at home. To prepare myself if my gas stove is out of gas.  I did not get any overheat warning at all. Unlike when I used Elba 6 liter pressure cooker to fry karipap last time. Which I have to cancel cooking. Let it be for at least 1 minutes. The  resume cooking again.
This cooking method really suits those who have issue or trouble to set heat on gas stove. At least an alternative for those people to achive nice looking karipap for their guest or instagram picture. Also, convenient when travel with only bringing pressure cooker later. Just need to remember to bring along cooking oil. Since it will be a lot more hassle to bring also air fryer along for travel. Due to limited luggage capacity.
As for the glass lid, it fit nicely my 24 cm diameter inner lid. So I am able to use it to cover the used oil while waiting for it to cool down before storing it away.
Till then, have fun in frying karipap in your pressure cooker.

No comments:

Post a Comment