Links

Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Flood in my old house in Batu Pahat last January 2007

It was the worst flood ever in my area in Batu Pahat and Johor mainly that time [1,2].

Flood pictures:










Picture session before evacuating the house to shelter in my aunt's place in Maktab Perguruan Batu Pahat

At this moment, the water already entering our house floor

The condition in our porch area






Mosque nearby our house area



In the road going towards Parit Raja. I was in a bus that time, heading back UTM for my class




Shop lots area in Bandar Universiti Parit Raja




In front of UTHM

The water level in the drain outside UTHM Parit Raja

Sorry for the quality of the pictures is not that good. Especially pictures taken while I am in a moving vehicle. Well, at least that is the only gadget that I have. Still I have evidence of the flood that hit our house that time.

We manage to ensure safety of electrical appliances at home by putting them all on a table. We only bring important documents with us during evacuation process such as birth certificate, death certificate and etc. We are very fortunate that time as my Mother still kept my late father Pajero. Which comes in handy for evacuation process since smaller car like kancil no longer able to go in our porch area without risking water seeping into their exhaust nozzle/pipe.

Till then, be safe during evacuation in flood time.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment