Links

Friday, September 29, 2017

Retirement gift for UTM FKE lecturer

Yesterday the ECE department of Faculty of Electrical Engineering (FKE) in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) Skudai organized a farewell ceremony for Mr Zuraimi.
He has been with FKE UTM Skudai since year 1988 if I was not mistaken.
He is one of the panel for my final year project during my degree in UTM Skudai last time.
My boss suggested that we gift him herbs as gift instead of fancy gift since we are towards organic planting. After coming up with list of plants that I grew at home for him to choose, we finally decided to give him a mulberry tree. Since his kids can also benefit from the fruits.
Summary if yesterday event and the gift. The cat is not included in the gift pack😁
I make a gift pack consist of 3 feet long mulberry tree and half ripe papaya. My boss help to paste card and bring the gift pack to the event place. Since I have done my share by packing the gift.
Some of the other lecturers did mention that my gift is like following the 2017 Southeast Asian Games. Where the medalist given a basket of sapling instead of the traditionally a bouquet of flowers [1]. Well we have to go green regardless what and I prefer to encourage organic and fresh food supplies😉
It would be nice if can make a practise that every retiree to plant one tree before they go. I do think it also would be a good example for green environment.
Till then, have a good weekend for Johorean😉

[1] http://says.com/my/sports/why-kl2017-sea-games-winners-are-getting-baskets-with-medal-trees

No comments:

Post a Comment