Links

Thursday, January 30, 2020

Guiding to cook 3 dishes in one cooking session

Today I guide one of my lab mate in cooking his lunch meal. More like one-to-one cooking lesson. That consist of 3 dishes in one cooking session. That is steamed rice, steamed broccoli and steamed chicken breast.
The look of the cooked lunch meal after almost 22 minutes of cooking time. Tasty and fulfilling. As for us, it is good. May depends on individual taste buds for preference.
Close up on the cooked dishes.

Process in harvesting fresh organic planted red onion leaves as part of ingredient to steamed chicken dish.
Process in preparing steamed rice.
Process in preparing steamed chicken.
Mixing up after adding black pepper and salt.
Adding freshly harvest organic red onion leaves.

My lab mate really satisfied with the outcome. Just need a little improvement later since this is his first attempt cooking using lunch box.
I taught him in using exact measurement in cooking steamed rice. The systematic way of my cooking SOP (Standard Operating Procedure). So that he would be able to get the same consistent texture and his exact amount of rice for each meal consumption.
He is currently trying to have healthy meals to get his ideal targeted weight. That is why I suggest for him to learn to cook for his own meal from scratch using minimal ingredients that he could use in work place. Instead of buy the ready made one.
If my SOP, it is either to know type of dish to cook based on available ingredients. Or buy the needed ingredients for the desired dish. I prefer the earlier one. But for such, definitely need to have creativity and problem solving skills. Still, it is fun. Like solving a puzzle. Obviously more challenging than the later.
For me, I personally prefer simple yet fulfilling dishes to be prepared. Than to put extra effort in cooking them. Which I do not mind tedious preparations as long as it can be frozen and then cooked for my meal within 30 minutes time. All depends on personal preference. I just like a type of dishes that I could leave it cook by itself. While I do my work or chores. It is just my way in utilizing my limited time. 
Till then, have fun in learning to get exact food intake for your daily meal consumption.

No comments:

Post a Comment