Links

Monday, August 3, 2020

My hand sewn tote bag with mermaid prints

This is taken this morning. My first hand sewn tote bag made from scratch the night before. 
Took me 2 hours to finished making this simple hand sewn tote bag. The tote bag size 35 cm (W) x 40 (L) cm. Strap size 50 cm (L) x 4 cm (W) I think if using sewing machine, might able to finished making this tote bag within 30 minutes time.
I am using cotton canvas material. 1/4 yard from 1/2 yard poly canvas fabric with mermaid print. Basically I am able to make 2 tote bags from my 1/2 yard cotton canvas fabric.
Initially I wanted to make lining for this tote bag. But due to lack of patience, I decided no lining for this first version.
I think the strap should be at least 10 cm longer. Then it would feel more comfortable using the tote bag like my previous mustard coloured one. Since the content is plenty bountiful. My bag is like a Doraemon type of bag. Basically all I need to survive daily is in the bag.
I am really satisfied with my first tote bag. It cost me less than RM 30. Since I am able to get the size I like with wide strap. Just that the time spend too long for hand sew process. Basically it is best for me to have a sewing machine to cut off up till 75% of the process time making it.
Till then, have fun in making your hand sewn tote bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment