Links

Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Making lip balm infused with my self harvested honey from stingless bees

This is taken in the morning. I am able to spare time and energy making it. After studying about it for almost 2 weeks. Since I am infusing the harvested honey from my stingless bees. 
The look of the made lip balm in lip balm tube with the label. I have calculated for 15 gm output. So able to fill in 3 lip balm tubes of 5 gm each. This batch is without color.
I still need to learn a lot in the finishing process. The outcome is still not as neat as the one sold in pharmacy stores like Guardian and Watson. Well, this is my first attempt using a lip balm tube.

The look of ingredients that need to melt in the heat process. I am using the double bath method using my 1.2 liter multi cooker. 
The look of honey drops in the melted ingredients. 
This is part of my stress relieving activity. At the same time, my aging and dry lips get moisturizing benefits from the output. Plus I am able to test using my new digital scale with 0.01 gm precision. It works well. Just need to do some modifications to it to increase its robustness level. I am also able to measure for output 5 gm with better accuracy and precision. Compared when using a digital scale with 1 gm and 0.1 gm precision. As the need to round up more when using a digital scale with more than 0.01 gm precision. For the digital scale,  I appreciate more decimal points 😁. Maybe just me being peculiar on extra precision. 
Among used ingredients are shea butter, carrier oil, thickener, antioxidant, emollient, emulsifier, preservatives, stingless bees honey and argan oil. This lip balm is safe to be used by toddlers and those who want to return their natural lip color after it turns dark.
I even get requests to prepare a lip balm starter kit with a teaching manual. One of my customers wanted to use it for weekend activities with their youngest daughter. In order to get her interested in STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics). The process of making this lip balm involves mathematics, chemistry, time management skill (planning ahead) and basic cooking skill.
Since the number of students taking STEM is alarmingly lower these days. Now trying my best complete the request.
Have fun making and using your homemade lip balm infused with honey.

No comments:

Post a Comment