Links

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

The look of my car after being pull out from drain

The accident was around 3.50 pm on 26 August 2022 [1]. What happens is:
  • Wet road condition after rain.
  • Lost steering control.
  • Panic as see 3 motorist ahead.
  • Press brake damn hard.
  • Tyre lock.
  • Then skidded.
Many asking if I drive too fast at that time.
Based on accident scene revisit (13 September 2022)= no tyre marks at all on the road towards the tyre marks on the land area at the side on the road. Which only means I drive at the correct speed limit.
And I also notice tyre marks on the land at side of the road, around 50 meter before my acciddent scene. Which only means there is other car that skidded in the area.

The look of me after being pulled up by those rescuers at the back, They do wait until one of my friends comes over. I am really grateful and thankful to them. Without them, I will still be in the car until God knows when. They do offer to send me home. But thankfully I did not take the offer. As my house key was thrown out of the car into the drain during the car crash impact.
My friend who take this photo was really surprised to see me like this. As I am in 1 piece, and my clothes still intact without any blood seen anywhere on me. Can even speaks properly when being asked questions. I am also grateful for being conscious after the accident happens. Which enables me to call my friends immediately. And then straight away call Etiqa insurance.
Thankfully the drain was completely dry. Cannot imagine what will happen if it is full of water.
Towing agent suggests using a crane. As his tow truck was unable to pull out.

Since it is already 5 pm plus, I decided to head home. And try to arrange to pull out the car the next day. As I started to feel the pain from the accident impact. Many asked why I did not go to clinic or hospital. Well, being a ln accident victim with no one suggested what to do at the time, I just follow whatever being suggested to me. Basically I am in zombie mode. 
Just feel fortunate to be able to locate house keys that have been thrown out of the car. However, I am unable to locate access card to my house. 

On 27 August 2022 around 2.08 pm, I am able to pull out the car from the drain using a crane. After leaving the house 9.30 am. Where the crane operator only start to pull out the car after I paid the full amount of the service which is not more than RM 1500.
Then, go make a police report in IPD Iskandar Puteri around 3 pm. Where a summons was issued to me. And I need to pay the full amount of RM 300 in order to use it for my insurance claim. I was given 2 months time to pay for it.
After that around 4 pm, go check up on the hospital (HSA). With the help of my brother's friend who works in HSA (Hospital Sultanah Aminah), I am able to finish the medical check-up, x-ray, and take the prescribed pain killer before 6.30 pm. The process only takes 1 hour time. Without help from my brother's friend, I might end up having to go back HSA the next day to continue the process. Feel very blessed with the help given.








Tow the car to Etiqa premier warehouse in Taman Teknologi Kajang on 28 August 2022. He arrives at 10.22 am at the accident location. For this Etiqa only cover up to 200 km. I have to cover the rest of the mileage cost and toll costs. I have to pay the full amount in cash which is not less than RM 500.





Towing agent arrives at Etiqa premier warehouse in Taman Teknologi Kajang on 8.22 pm of 28 August 2022. I have to pay the balance of towing fees that day to him.
Feel like I am just a beat ahead of Shinigami or Grim Reaper. Since I am thankfully still alive, surviving the accident.
From my perspective, it was like my luck is running out. But from my friend's perspective, they said it was like my guardian angel is with me and keep me safe during the accident. 
I have spent not less than RM 3000 for these 3 days process to solve my accident claim process. All included the crane cost, towing cost, Grab cost, food, summon and etc. Basically, my reserve savings are already on the borderline.

For me, there are a few of my habits that help me a lot to survive the accident.
1. Always use my phone pouch [2]. 
Basically, I am really fortunate all went smoothly as my phone is safe in my phone pouch on my body during the accident time. The phone does not throw away during the car crash impact. If not, I would have a very hard time making all payments.
2. Use a strap on my spectacles.
It does not look trendy. However, really helps to keep my spectacles safe and intact with me during the accident thrown impact.
3. For being faithful in using seat belt. 
It helps a lot during car crash impact. 

Things I need to improve:
1. To use a daily bag that can be fully zipped or closed. 
So that all my things will be safe from thrown car crash impact. The current daily bag that I used does not have a zip. My house key was thrown out of the car during the car crash impact.
2. To keep seat belt cutter and windscreen hammer. To be used if needed in accident. 
3. Waterproof phone pouch. For better safety of phone from water. Incase fall into drain filled with water. 
4. To go clinic or hospital for medical examination and treatment. 

I still remember I hear one of my rescuer call the police to report this accident. But no police officer come at all to the accident scene. I only notice that after my friend ask me about it. God knows what will happen to other accident survivors if such practice is kept.

What I am grateful of:
1. For 5 gentlemen that stop by and help me out from the car. Where 3 of them wait until one of my friend arrives. 
2. My handphone is safe in its pouch. 
3. No water in the drain. 
4. My spectacles safe on my body due to the used spectacles strap. 
5. The windscreen only cracked. Did not shattered badly. So my face safe from any cuts. 
6. To be able to get out from the car without any injuries or broken bones. Just have massive sprained muscles from the car crash impact. 
7. To change my valuable cards from small bag to large purse. Helps to take it with me before I get out of the car. I am unable to locate the small bag that still consists of my residential access card. 

Others: 
1. Accident location.
Use Waze to drive to J7 Jalan Ulu Choh - Gelang Patah: https://waze.com/ul/hw238t01yb.
Where towing agent only manage to find the car after I give this waze location. They are unable to find it earlier when I share location via google maps in WhatsApp:
- Dropped pin
- 1°29'44.6"N 103°34'54.7"E
So basically please give waze location to the towing agent.
2. The unfriendly Etiqa website [5]. Where there is not other buttons than "Back" and "Submit Feedback". They should add more instructions. For example: "do contact Etiqa hotline for details on your claim status" in the website. As a victim survivor who is still struggling with accident trauma, it is quite hard to think as rationale and as proper like normal person who did not involved in an accident at all.

Until then, be safe while driving on damp roads after rain.

References:
[3] The look of my deep sleep after consumed prescribed psychiatric medicine 
[4] Seeking professional expert help in psychiatric clinic in HSA last 15 September 2022
[5] Flowchart on the steps taken to clain insurance after accident

No comments:

Post a Comment