Links

Monday, August 29, 2022

Song Last One Standing by Skylar Grey

Somehow I like the parts highlighted in blue. It was like a fighting song for me to keep me stay strong. In fighting, all the hardship that comes. 

YouTube link (incase the above did not display well): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXH7_XaGuPc

Song lyrics :

Now you see me standin' in the lightsBut you never saw my sacrificeOr all the nights I had to struggle to surviveHad to lose it all to win the fightI had to fall so many times (oh-oh-oh)Now I'm the last one standin'
Uh, you weren't with me on the cold block nightsNow you front row for the spotlightNow the diamonds in the Audemars brightJets overseas for a far flightYoung nigga on bullshit and I ball on 'em, Bill CartwrightKnew I could shine through the darknessI guess I always been a star typeThat lion in me made my heart fight, could've been a victim of an opp pipeTook a million risks just to get to this 'cause we ain't the ones that the cops likeBeen so many times God tested me, they only see the answers I got rightThey commentin' all on the blogs, tryna tell me how to live my lifeAnd I waited so patiently, if you could take off, don't wait for meNo days off, grind faithfully, I keep thankin' God for savin' meFront line, showcasin' our braveryI know that top spot, it was made for meIt all paid off so we felt the struggle so painfully
Now you see me standin' in the lightsBut you never saw my sacrificeOr all the nights I had to struggle to surviveHad to lose it all to win the fightI had to fall so many times (oh-oh-oh)Now I'm the last one standin'
Yeah, you know the code we gotta live byNever mind all the ice cubes on this wristwear in the big bodyLive by the gun, get bodied or it's hella time in that cellIt was hella times where I failed, when I had to double back from them LsBet he don't double back when he tell'Cause it ain't no comin' back when you tellWhy would you leave me here by myself? A nigga be lonelyAyy, I blew the whole bag on they flights, ain't leavin' the homiesIf he really gang, then get him a chain, no cubic zirconiesWhite Zomb' in the stogey, stood firm, never foldedFurthest thing from a rodent, you put the jacket on and you bogusYeah, big dawg and they know itI had to spin off to stay focusedLongev' on the motionWe don't abandon ship when it's hopelessI done been broke before and they know
I make it look easyLike I made it overnightI make it look easyBut you don't see the dark sideAnd all of the monsters I had to fight (fight)And all of the nightmares (nightmares)Made me stronger than life (yeah)
Y'all say (what?), I've changed (huh)Really, though? (Tell me), how so? (I got)Got all (what?), this bread (yeah)I'm still (what?), sour though (huh)I don't know (I'm a), square peg (in a), round hole (yeah)Like a block of cheese in a paper towel rollRocky Balboa (I), never been no (what?), towel throwerEven when I got kicked to the curb (yeah)Life knocked my dick in the dirtI got back up, flipped it the bird'Til I earned the attention I yearnedNot to mention, I learnedHow to turn resentment and hurtTo an unquenchable thirst, in the simplest termsIt's revenge of the nerd, in every sense of the wordBut all you see is the fame and the millionsYou don't see the strength and resilience (nah)How I rack my brain but it feels as if I'm tryna explain it to children (damn)So a lot of this pain isn't healin', no escapin' it, this anger is spillingAlmost like recreatin' a feelin' of 9/11 when the second plane hit the building
So let 'em paint you the villainSome of this just may be a symptom (yeah)Of havin' way too much income (mmm)But when you struggled every day just to get some (yeah)Now all of this hate is a syndrome (yuh)When they can't relate, and that stems from (what?)Money lookin' like it grows on treesYeah, they're green but those aren't leaves (leaves)Sufficed to say, with every sacrifice I madeIt's like I gave up my life to fameAll the nights that I lied awakeNights I stayed up to write and prayHad to claw, scratch and fight my wayJust follow me, and I'll light the wayLook to the hook if your sky look grey (Skylar Grey)And rappers, how can we be on the same level nowWhen I gotta look down and see these clowns that are on the ground?Bitch, I got clouds beneath meEver since I put out the EP to the height of 2003 meYou ain't see the struggle to make it out the DBecause I made it somehow look easy
Now you see me standin' in the lightsBut you never saw my sacrificeOr all the nights I had to struggle to surviveHad to lose it all to win the fightI had to fall so many times (oh-oh-oh)Now I'm the last one standin' (oh-oh-oh)Now I'm the last one standin'
Can always click the below link for details on the song.
Until then, have fun enjoying this good song that I like.
Reference :
[1] Lyrics for song Last One Standing by Skylar Grey https://genius.com/Skylar-grey-polo-g-mozzy-and-eminem-last-one-standing-lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment