Links

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Making cover of my heat compress

This is taken in the morning of 23 November 2020. Where I manage to finished making 2 unit of cover for my heat compress within 1 hour and 20 minutes [1]. I do not prefer the previous cover as the velcro fastener keep on sticking to jersey that I wear and damaging it.


I add pocket on top of zipper part so that I am able to slot in my hands when using it on my stomach. I do think I need to add hanging loops so that I am able to tie it on my stomach for on-the-move usage.

Now I am able to use the heat compress during this rainy season with a peace of mind.

I self learn a lot in sewing during PKPB session. I am glad for being able to make my own cover. 70% faster using portable sewing machine compare to hand sew. I do learn to neatly sew zip part, top stitch and others. Also learn to be creative in improvising existing design. Practise does helps to get neater sewing outcome.

I only used printed fabric (cotton lycra) at front as I wanted to save the used material. For the back zip part and pocket, I am using tricot material.

I used 3 types of presser foot. Which enables me to get a neat finish for zip part and end part for the pocket. Really worth investing on a presser foots.

Needle selection also important. Especially on the top stitch part. Since it is quite thick on that area. Might end up with broken needle and injured yourself if not careful. Better safe than sorry. 

I strongly advised for those who wanted to start to sew to get tutor or sewing teacher. As it would be faster to learn with minimal mistake and waste.

Till then, have fun and be safe while sewing your heat compress cover.

Reference :

[1] My precious heat compress https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/08/my-precious-thin-foldable-heating-cloth.html

No comments:

Post a Comment