Links

Saturday, August 26, 2023

Experience in taking bus from Larkin Sentral

This is taken on the morning of 21 August 2023. Where I am taking bus express from Larkin Sentral in Larkin, Johor Bahru to Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS), Kuala Lumpur. As I am one of the presenter for InECCE conference on 22 August 2023 [1]. My session 5 (2 pm to 4 pm), room Royale 2.
I have bought the KKKL bus ticket last 10 August 2023 using redbus apps. For departure time 11 am.
Then on the departure day, I arrived in Larkin Sentral by 9.40 am. Where I received email in the morning to be in Larkin Sentral before 10.30 am. I went to counter 1 to 8 to print ticket. But then was instructed to go to counter 9 to 14 instead. When printing the ticket, the officer told me that next time would be better for me to purchase ticket using Larkin Sentral apps [2]. As then I would just show the receipt to self check it at counter. Than need to go counter 9 to 14 and pay RM 2 to print check in ticket. Well, I have not use bus express even before covid19 outbreak. So, know very little on the current procedure. 
The look of the printed ticket. 
The look of my bus at terminal number 5.
I am the first person to board the bus.
The best part is the drag handle to my luggage fall apart. Right when my friend lift it out from car. Well, I get the luggage in 2009. Already 14 years with me. It has seen better days already. Fortunately the whole luggage still intact. So I can still use the bag as it is. Just need to hoist it. Instead of drag it around. 
And after some search while on the bus, the drag handle replacement is between RM 85 to RM 150. Well I can already get new 24 inch luggage with such price. Sometimes, it is better to replace than repair. 
I have even top up my touch and go yesterday. In order to use it to ride the tren later after reached TBS.
Until then, be safe while using bus express.

Update 31 August 2023. 
After spoken to one of my colleague, he download redbus apps in his phone and use it to enter the bus boarding area. No need to print hard copy ticket or use Larkin Sentral apps.

References:

No comments:

Post a Comment