Links

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Making fried mee hoon (rice vermicelli) using my 2.5 liter pressure cooker

This is taken in the evening of 17 April 2020. I decided to make fried mee hoon (rice vermicelli) since I am craving for it. I used my 2.5 liter pressure cooker as my attempt to experiment cooking using it within less than 10 minutes time [1].
The look of cooked fried mee hoon (rice vermicelli). I add my 3/4 boiled eggs [2]. Also a drizzle of soy sauce for taste since I forget to put salt during cooking process.


Cooking process:
1) Put the grated ingredients that need to be tumis (sauté). I use 12 gm red onion, 3  gm garlic, 2 gm purple chili and 3 gm large red chili pepper.
2) Tumis (sautè) the grated ingredients using margarine using function rice.
3) Adding 160 ml water. Then I put 74 gm dried mee hoon (rice vermicelli).
4) Then I put on the lid. Choose function steam, texture mild for 7 minutes.
Took me 7 minutes for it to finish cooking. For me it is a successful attempt. Since it cooked well. Despite the fried mee hoon (rice vermicelli) too mushy. Maybe it is due too much water used. Would definitely come in handy to make fried mee hoon (rice vermicelli) later for sahur and also iftar next month for Ramadhan.
Till then, have fun in experimenting making fried mee hoon (rice vermicelli) using your presssure cooker.

References:
[2] Example of my perfect 3/4 boiled eggs using 2.5 liter pressure cooker https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/03/my-perfect-half-boiled-eggs-using.html

No comments:

Post a Comment