Links

Friday, June 5, 2020

Experimenting to cook telur pindang in my pressure cooker Philips AIO HD 2137

This is taken in the noon of 5 June 2020. I was craving to eat telur pindang. Decided to make some with the ingredients available at home.
The look of the cooked telur pindang after 55 minutes. Where original recipe took 4 days and 3 nights to make it under slow fire pit and gas stove [1]. Which means I have save a lot of time by using my precious pressure cooker Philips AIO HD 2137.
My first time ever in my life to cook telur pindang. It has been so long since I year to make it.
For me, it has mild taste of telur pindang. I think this suits child palate. Also good enough for my taste buds.
Can see the pretty gradient colour on the outer white egg part.

I choose to eat the one that crack for taste. The egg part that seep out has full rich taste of herbs. Which can be off putting for most people.
The look of used ingredients.
For fresh ingredients, I use my home grown lengkuas leaves, kaduk leaves, curry leaves, pandan leaves, lemuni hitam leaves. Then I add fenugreek, eggs, red onions, garlics, soy sauce,black pepper,salt and water.
I use function steam, set to 55 minutes in my pressure cooker Philips AIO HD 2137 [2].
I do notice that while I was resting near it, I heard loud vapour coming out from the side of the lid. I immediately press cancel. Slowly and carefully use manual release pressure to fast open the lid. I try to put the lid back again carefully after check and start again. Same thing happen after it finished build up pressure inside pressure cooker. Fortunately I have make research for this matter. Took me 4 minutes to solve it and resume cooking again. Works well without any more problem.
I do found that 4 out of 9 eggs that I cook,cracked. I think I need to experiment again ways to ensure less cracked eggs for second experiment. As the one not cracked could  last longer up to 10 or 14 days. Still a lot to learn cooking this traditional delicacy with modern method.
Will update the taste of telur pindang  tomorrow. Since many asked if it taste better after keep it for next day consumption.
Till then, have fun in trouble shooting and solve your pressure cooker problem.

Update on 6 June 2020:
My girlfriend said the taste of my cooked telur pindang still lack of 80% herbal taste. She does advise me to use as much as herbs required based on the original recipe. And add more soy sauce to get darker look of telur pindang.

References:
[1] Recipe for telur pindang that took 4 days and 3 nights to make it traditionally using either fire pit or gas stove under low fire https://www.rasa.my/orang-johor-mesti-suka-rebus-telur-pindang-sedap-macam-untuk-orang-kahwin/
[2] My pressure cooker Philips AIO HD 2137 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/05/received-my-precious-philips-hd-2137.html

No comments:

Post a Comment