Links

Monday, June 15, 2020

Making yogurt in my pressure cooker

This is taken in the morning. After I leave the ingredients to make yogurt in the pressure cooker around 9.30 pm [1]. The yogurt looks decent enough. It does taste good.
Just a little bit runny texture. Adding a little bit of milk powder may help for it to be thicker in texture.
I do add plain yogurt into the full cream milk to be the yogurt starter. Following the given recipe in the received recipe book.
Ratio 1:5 of yogurt and milk at room temperature. Mix well. Then use function yogurt, vent at seal. I just use the default time 8 hours for yogurt.
The look of used ingredients:

I do use stainless steel bowl instead of directly pour ingredients to inner pot. As I want to avoid the previous cooking smell seep into my yogurt. Which I put lid on the used bowl before leave it to become yogurt.
I am glad with my decision in having pressure cooker with yogurt function. Which save me from the need to have yogurt maker. Hopefully after this, I will be able to have my own stock of home made yogurt for my supply. As there is no plain yogurt stock in the mart when I try to purchase one last 3 days ago. But they have ample supply of fresh milk. More reason to make my own yogurt.
Till then, have fun in making your own yogurt at home.

Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment