Links

Thursday, October 8, 2020

Cleaning up rust on battery compartment

Taken in the noon of 1 October 2020. Where I spare my time to clean up the rust on battery compartment of a device. Can see how thick the rust built up in the battery compartment. Fortunately the device still works well using direct power supply.



The cleaning station. I even bring my own small ceramic container to the lab to be use to put in the cleaning solutions.
I have make adjustment to one of the battery spring. Since it is already break to half size due to the rust. Which I take from one of battery compartment of other unused device. Then device I repair able to start up powered by 4 AA batteries for less that one minutes. Then the screen went blank and it dies. 
I need to check again using multimeter for the battery capacity. Still a lot to test. Seems like I need to put dedicated tool bags for my cleaning works. It is good to be able to put my knowledge to repair things. It does helps to save lots of money and keep my brain working. But a lot of time and effort is needed since it is not my full time job. I also need to pause the work, make note, label for next continuation work.
Till then, have fun in cleaning up rust of your battery compartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment