Links

Sunday, October 18, 2020

My new cutting tool to curb fraying edge on cutted fabric

This is taken in the evening of 11 October 2020. I have been facing the fraying issue ever since I started sewing. Since I do not have coverstitch machine. I decided to get new cutting tool. After considering higher possibilty of second MCO,

Can see how clean the end of my cutted fabric become.

I am really glad to invest on such cutting tool. Despite it is still manually operated. Still able to curb my fraying end issue of cutted fabric. Worth the time spend to check on the best device and size. It was not taught in my sewing class last time. Maybe because my teacher do have coverstitch machine. So no alternative for beginners like me who have no access to coverstitch machine. However this method only for tightly woven fabric. Also unsuitable for fabric that meant for frequent washing. Maybe also that is the reason my sewing teacher did not teach last time. I still have a long way to learn.

The device is very easy to use. Sharp and neat finish. Hope it will last long on me like my precious sewing scissors [1]. 

The look of the frayed part on the cutted fabric.

Another test material.



Till then, have fun in solving your fraying end issue on cutted fabric.

Reference:

[1] My precious sewing scissors that I bought last 2011 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/12/my-good-investment-for-high-quality.html

No comments:

Post a Comment