Links

Friday, December 30, 2022

The look of my new cocoa butter cream with stingless bees honey

Manage to pack my cocoa butter cream formulation with stingless bees honey. I have also added an emulsifier. To help maintain consistency and smooth texture of the formulation. Which for me this formulation is my gred A version. Where the price is RM 65 per 38 gm in gold lid container as picture below.
The cocoa butter cream is the one on the bottom. The top one is a new formulation of magnesium lotion. Also with less sticky residue after application.
I myself have tested and worn this new formation. So far, it is fast absorbed into my skin. Very lightweight
In the earlier formulation, it is quite thick and greasy. Despite the same moisturizing and nourishing effect.
I am only able to achieve such texture after various experiments.
For me, this product of mine does not do fast or miracle work. Meaning, you can only get the result after at least 2 months of daily and consistent application. My way of applying is each time after a bath. Therefore, my skin is able to get optimum absorption of the applied cocoa butter cream. I do apply a thin layer. Then add more if needed. So far, my aging skin seems to become more moist and more supple.

I have experienced a customer who gives a good positive review on my formulated cocoa butter cream. However, as she is eager to have faster result. End up using a cosmetic that contains harmful ingredients like hydroquinone, tretinoin and miconazole [1].

Hydroquinone, when applied to the skin, can cause redness, discomfort, unwanted skin discolouration and hypersensitivity, and inhibits the pigmentation process, which reduces the skin’s protection against harmful ultraviolet rays, thus increasing the risk of skin cancer [1].

Using tretinoin without the supervision of health professionals could cause redness to the skin, discomfort, stinging, peeling and sensitivity to sunlight [1].

Uncontrolled usage of anti-fungal cream (miconazole) can increase the risk of resistance, thus reducing its effectiveness in treating future infections [1].

Mercury is banned in cosmetics products as it is harmful to health. It can cause damage to the kidneys and nervous system as well as interfere with the brain development of young or unborn children. It also causes rashes, irritation and other changes to the skin [1].

All of those make me put on effort into making my own skincare product. Since there is no guarantee I am able to get back my skin condition after it is damaged by those harmful ingredients. I prefer to stick to my own rule of better safe than sorry.

The gred B version price RM 45 per 38 gm. Both gred have 5 gm sample container for new user to test out before purchase large container.
The easiest example between gred A and gred B formulation is like comparing eating snow ice cream with shaved ice cream. Difference texture. Where snow ice cream is smoother and softer. While shaved ice cream is quite coarse. 

Until then, have fun using good cocoa butter cream with stingless bees honey.

Reference:
[1] NPRA bans five cosmetic products found to contain scheduled poisons https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/npra-bans-five-cosmetic-products-found-contain-scheduled-poisons

No comments:

Post a Comment