Links

Saturday, December 10, 2022

Trimming my harum manis mango tree

This is taken on the morning of 9 December 2022. Where I am feeling fit enough to trim my tall harum manis mango tree.
Positioning the 10 steps ladder under the tall harum manis mango tree.
My supervisor on site, Furball the cat.
Cutting this part.
The initial plan is to stand on this platform. But since I have no idea how to go down afterward, I stick to standing on the ladder. Which is why I let Furball stay there instead.
Able to cut off. With one hand on ladder and another holding the pruning saw.
Next target. The branch on the road side.

Cut half. Then it breaks.

Successfully cut off.
Chopping off the 3 branches from the cut branch.

The look from far. Which I then tidy up. Have to do it all myself. That is why I am refraining myself to cut not more that 2 branches in one session.
Notice a new branch from the chopped branch.
I only cut 2 branches. Learning to stop before becoming too tired. Also for safety purposes. Since I am doing the work alone. With only Furball as a supervisor on site. The best is to work with one more person. As the other person can help to hold the ladder. That is why I only cut the lower branches.
I immediately trim down the cut branches. So that easier to pull over.
Have to do it myself. Since the cost to trim off the tree one shot is RM 650. To get large bin to stashed away the cut branches will need RM 550 more.
The side effect is I passed out for 1 hour and 57 minutes. Maybe because I am already too old and unfit. Or maybe my body still has not yet recovered from the last accident.

Thankfully I did not get any body aches afterward. That is the best for my aging body.
Which makes me really wanted to get Badang strength for this kind of works.
Until then, be safe when self trims your mango tree at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment