Links

Friday, July 6, 2018

A type of vinca or periwinkle flower that that grow by itself in my house compound.

I always remind myself to keep on gaining new information and knowledge on plant that grow by themselves in my house compound. As it turns out that most of them have good benefits either medicinal or to attract pollinating insects such as bees and butterflies.
This is the look of vinca or periwinkle flower that grow itself in my house compound. Fortunately I manage to recognized the plant from the characteristic of its leaves and stem.



Close up on the flower. This one is smaller type than the normal one.

It does stated that this plant able to help to cure cancer such as lymphomas, leukemia and etc. However, it is advisable to check with certified herbal practitioner before start consuming them. Better safe than sorry.

Like me, I just leave them be to attract pollination insects.

What I normally do when I see unidentified plant is to let them grow slightly bigger in order to know their identity. As I have been accidentally throw them away while weeding the yard. Since I normally pluck out the weeds using my hands. Which would result in extinction of them.
Like for this vinca or periwinkle flower plant, I replant it to better place. Which results for it to produce flower as shown in the above pictures.

Till then, have fun in identifying the plants that grow themselves in your house compound😉.

Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment