Links

Monday, July 23, 2018

Difference between apple mint and spearmint that I grow at home.

This entry is to help you know how to distinguish difference between apple mint and spearmint based from its leaf characteristic. Since I am unable to teach difference based on the scent here😅.
As I have been asked a lot by others about the identity of my mint plants that I grow at home. I have 2 mint plants at this moment at home. That is apple mint and spearmint. 
Apple mint leaf is on the left, spearmint leaf is on the right.


Spearmint  leaf is on the left, apple mint leaf is on the right.
If you are to notice, the leaf of apple mint have more hair than the clean leaf of spearmint.
The stem of the apple mint also have lots of hair.

The look of my apple mint plant. Can see that apple mint stem and leaves is quite hairy.
Making hot apple mint+spearmint+lemongrass for my aching body.
The look of my fresh organic lemongrass.

Before cooking process.

The finely brewed apple mint+spearmint+lemongrass.
The finished brewed herbal drink with brown sugar for slight sweetening taste.
Hopefully from this entry, you are able to distinguish difference between apple mint and spearmint based on the leaf characteristics.
If based on smell, spearmint have stronger minty scent while apple mint have milder mint scent.
If you want to learn to distinguish them based on scent, can make appointment to come and check them out in my home.
I even manage to make some of my fresh mint+lemongrass combo to one of my homestay guest for tonight. She does enjoys it very much. Even manage to discard few gasses before leave the house for her presentation discussion.
Till then, have fun enjoying fresh organic hot mint drink at home😉.

Reference:
[1] The healthy look of my spearmint plant in small pot and tall plastic cup http://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/07/replanting-my-asparagus-plant-today.html

No comments:

Post a Comment