Links

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Replanting my asparagus plant today.

I have planned to replant my asparagus plant for the past months. As few of them already withered after the shoot grow leaves. To my dismay this evening, there is a lot of ants like in the soil that have turned into winged insects that resembles more towards termites. No wonder my asparagus plants withered and few dies.

My asparagus type is Mary Washington [1]. This asparagus plant already with me for almost 10 months. I also have consume the shoot since April 2018.
The look of the withered asparagus stem is circled and marked with yellow arrow.
The healthy and huge look of the asparagus roots (crown).


The look of the winged insects on the soil of the asparagus pot.

The big stem of my asparagus plant.
Despite such mishaps, I am astounded to see the healthy big roots (crowns) of my asparagus plant. I do keep the roots (crown) and replanted them all. Hopefully it all grow well and able to provide me abundance of asparagus shoots for my consumption.





Hopefully I am able to grow more asparagus from the replanted asparagus roots (crown). Since the  asparagus roots (crown) able to produce asparagus shoot faster than the one grown from seeds. Will update later once have update.
I am able to get 9 asparagus plants after replanting process from initial 3 plants previously.

The look of my blooming rose bud today.

This rose plant produce flower last time 27 May 2018 [2].

I rest afterwards with a hot mint spearmint drink. I just plucked the organic spearmint leaves that I plant in a pot. This one I plant the cutting last 16 May 2018 [3]. I do feel satisfied with the fresh taste of my spearmint drink. Does makes me feel refreshed after a tiring evening.
I only wash the spearmint leaves from dirt. Since it is in safe condition to be consume immediately as I practice organic planting = no chemical fertilizer and chemical pesticide used. That is the beauty of organic planting😉.
The look of the hot mint drink.
My healthy and huge spearmint leaves plant that I grow in small pot and tall plastic cup.
The spearmint in tall plastic cup = RM 10.
The spearmint in small pot = RM 15.
Can choose which one your prefer. While stock last.
The close up look of healthy organic spearmint plant in small pot.

The close up look of healthy organic spearmint plant in tall plastic cup.

The length of the largest spearmint leaf that I plucked = 4 cm.

It's width is 3 cm.

It's weight is 0.18 gm.

Total weight of the plucked spearmint leaves for today drink = 0.54 gm.
I like to measure and weigh my harvest so that I am able to know the growth of my plants since I am still in experimental stage with my organic fertilizer that I made at home.

Not forgetting the look of my cats today.
Dell is being clingy to my feet😊.
Till then, have fun in enjoying your fresh organic harvest at home😉.

References:

2 comments:

  1. Your work really inspires me...more success and more yield to your works

    ReplyDelete