Links

Thursday, August 15, 2019

The look of my home made bingka pandan.

This is taken in the morning of 14 August 2019. I make eggless bingka pandan. As I do not have eggs available at home. But I have other ingredients available at home for egg substitute.
The look of the cooked eggless bingka pandan. It turn out well. No bau hanyir telur (eggy smell).
Among used freshly plucked ingredients: apple mint leaves and pandan leaves.

Blending process.


The look of finely blended mixture.
The look of mixture eggless bingka pandan in a ramekin cup inside Elba pressure cooker [1]. The brown look is due to the usage of brown sugar.
I put on banana leaf on top of the cooking pot in order to reduce water drop into the mixture. In a way adding up the banana  leaf fragrance into the eggless bingka pandan.
I use mode cake 0.5 in Elba pressure cooker for the first cooking attempt. Prefer to start lower. Then can add more time if needed.
Make sure to put the valve into seal position.
I end up adding 0.4 more under cake mode. Since it still sticky after I poke tooth pick into the mixture after end of session 0.5. It turn out better afterwards.
One of my friend even asked for the recipe as she do not like hanyir telur (the eggy smell) in bingka pandan. Now she have option to enjoy bingka pandan with peace of mind. Glad to be able to help inspired others to find alternative to enjoy food.
This eggless bingka pandan also suitable for vegetarians, those who is under pantang (restrictions) due to confinement or operation.
I chose to cook with Elba pressure cooker in order to have the peace of mind of leave it to cook while I finished tending after my plants. Practising the art of multi tasking. 
For me, I think my home made bingka pandan is fulfilling. The texture is satisfying. My lab mate said it is good enough for consumption.
Till then, have fun in cooking bingka pandan at home.

Reference:
[1] My review on Elba EPC 6000SS pressure cooker last 15 November 2018 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2018/11/my-review-on-pressure-cooker-elba-epc.html

No comments:

Post a Comment