Links

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Making kerepek pisang (banana chips) from my harvested pisang raja (banana) fruits

This is taken in the evening of 6 April 2020. Where I have to make banana chips from my harvested pisang raja (banana) fruits before it turned fully yellow. I am using 9 biji (unit) pisang raja (banana) fruits.
The look of the fried kerepek pisang (banana chips).
The look of banana slices deep fried in hot oil.  This is taken using light assist from my card size LED video light.
This picture is taken using flash from my Samsung J7 Prime phone. Can see a lot different the light give effect to the taken picture.
The  look of used pisang raja (banana) fruits for this process. The one with slight yellow already quite soft and slippery during slicing process. Need to be extra careful when slicing it. In order to avoid injury as the slicer is sharp. I also need to clean up the slicer after each usage as it is coated with fruit sap.
I start making it after Maghrib prayer around 7.30 pm. Which is after I prepared all the required utensils before prayer. I spend almost 2 hours and 30 minutes to finished making banana chips using 9 biji (unit) pisang raja (banana) fruits. Which means I might spend longer time till 3 hours if I process 1 sisir/sikat (bunch). As it contains 15 biji (unit) pisang raja (banana) fruits. 
Actually I went down earlier by 5.30 pm. As I wanted to harvest the balance of banana fruits on the tree. After seeing it still not turned yellow, I decided to postpone the harvest to next day. As I wanted to safe energy for banana chips process. Still I am able to spend 1 hour and 30 minutes to tend after planted plants outside my house gate. I also manage to make herbal drink consist of serai (lemongrass) and sirih (betel) leaf after finished tending after the plants. It is a soothing and refreshing drink that enable me to strive through the banana chips process alone.
Till then, have fun and be safe in making banana chips at home.

References:
[1] Harvesting 2 sisir/sikat (bunch) pisang raja (banana) fruits last 5 April 2020 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/04/harvesting-2-sisirsikat-bunch-of-my.html
[2] Weight of my harvested pisang raja (banana) fruits https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/04/weight-of-my-harvested-pisang-raja.html
[3] Measured size of my pisang raja (banana) fruit : 18 cm long and 16 cm diameter
https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/04/18-cm-long-and-16-cm-diameter-to-my.html

No comments:

Post a Comment