Links

Monday, April 13, 2020

Making steam rice with hard boiled eggs using 2.5 liter pressure cooker

This is taken in the evening of 6 April 2020. I am making steamed rice with hard boiled eggs for my tea break using 2.5 liter pressure cooker [1]. I am using 1:1 ratio for the rice as it is basmathi type. I do put 2 eggs beside the rice bowl so that both can be cooked at the same time. I use function steam, texture mild for 9 minutes.
The cooked meal.


The look of the steam rice and hard boiled eggs right after it is cooked.
The pretty look of hard boild egg.


The look of the ingredients arrangement in the 2.5 liter inner pot.
I use small bowl to cook steam rice as it is much easier to wash compare to cook it directly in the inner pot. Since I just cook for myself.
I know it is a simple dish that can easily cooked using normal stove. But I do have trouble in cooking using normal stove as I am prone to leave it more while multi tasking. Therefore, it is way safer for me to use my 2.5 liter pressure cooker. As it is automatic and I always able to get consistent cooked food outcome. Have to fully utilize my limited energy and strength with multi tasking.
I do cook chicken rice for my cats yesterday using normal stove. Did end up with slightly burned rice and the chicken half cook. As I am using frozen chicken. I was busy harvesting my pisang raja (banana) fruits while leave the rice to cook [2]. And the process took me 20 minutes as I have to think ways to maneuver the heavy pisang raja (banana) fruits. Despite I am using low flame on the stove.
I cannot simply pause my harvest process. As I am already climbing 10 steps ladder. 1 feet at the wall, 1 more feet at the steps of ladder. Like a stunt woman already. That is why I need to strive through till the end of the process. Now no longer do work simultaneously. It is ageing process that is taking toll on me.
For this restriction movement order time, I prefer to save the chicken stock for my cats. Since for me it is cheaper and healthier to feed them such than dry biscuits and wet food. Plus I am able to add few herbs in the cooked chicken rice for my cats. Also only Dell the cat able to eat hard boiled eggs in this house.
I feel that the steam rice not moist enough. Maybe next time I need to add 10 or 20 ml water. As I do not have soup to be eaten with it.
Despite this is a simple meal, just fulfilling enough to give me energy that I need to go my work. 
Till then, have fun in cooking simple dish for your meal.

References:
[2] Harvesting 2 sisir/sikat (bunch)  pisang raja (banana) fruits last 5 April 2020 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/04/harvesting-2-sisirsikat-bunch-of-my.html

No comments:

Post a Comment