Links

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Harvesting 2 sisir/sikat (bunch) of my pisang raja (banana) fruits

This is taken this morning. Just notice 2 sisir/sikat (bunch) of my pisang raja (banana) fruits turned yellow. I immediately decide to harvest both of them instead of the whole tandan (bunch). This is 4 months and 3 days or 125 days after the heart/inflorescence is out last 3 December 2019 [1]. From my record it took 1 year, 2 months and 17 days or 442 days to harvest after it is planted last 20 January 2019 [2]. 


The part where I harvest 2 sisir/sikat (bunch) of my pisang raja (banana) fruits from the whole bunch.

The look before harvest. I do not have the opportunity to cut off the heart/inflorescence right after it finished fruiting as I am unwell. Plus it was too high which needs me to use my 10 steps ladder to cut it off. Being a lone ranger, I have to prioritise my wellbeing first.


There is 15 biji (unit) of banana fruits per sisir/sikat (bunch). So total banana fruits harvested is 30 biji (unit). I do feel like stuntwoman when harvest the banana fruits. As one feet on the ladder and 1 more feet at the wall between my house and back neighbour. Not advised such technique if you are unwell. Fortunately it is a safe and successful harvest. I am able to share half of it with other neighbours.
Till then, have fun in harvesting your planted pisang raja (banana) fruits at home.

References:
[1] Start bearing heart/inflorescence last 3 December 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/12/the-huge-look-of-heart-to-my-pisang.html
[2] Planting my pisang raja (banana) offspring on 20 January 2019 after receive it last 10 January 2019 https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2019/01/planting-pisang-raja-banana-directly-on.html
[3] Weight of my harvested pisang raja (banana) fruits https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/04/weight-of-my-harvested-pisang-raja.html
[4] Measured size of my pisang raja (banana) fruit : 18 cm long and 16 cm diameter
https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/04/18-cm-long-and-16-cm-diameter-to-my.html

No comments:

Post a Comment