Links

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Cooking marinated chicken grilled style using pressure cooker

This is taken in the evening of 26 March 2020. Where I use my 2.5 liter pressure cooker to cook marinated chicken grilled style [1]. I called it grilled style as I did not use oil at all.
I just love the outcome of the dish. The chicken cook completely. The flesh very tender and juicy. It even easily fall off the bones. At the same time, it is tasty to my taste bud. For me personally, worth the money invested to this precious pressure cooker. The soup in the bottom of this bowl is all coming from the cooked chicken.

I do put banana leaf at the bottom of the inner pot. So that I am able get the fragrant of the banana leaf. Also to be able clean the inner pot without need to soak it.
I put 2 types of marinated chicken. One is where I have marinate and frozen it earlier. This one is soup cut. Another is 16 part cut and I only use 2 pieces. After I defrost it, I marinate with grated garlic, grated ginger, soy sauce and salt.
I put both in the inner pot. Use function rice, texture rich for 19 minutes.
I know I use a lot my pressure cooker even for simple dish like half boiled eggs [2]. I just prefer consistent outcome compare to the normal method cooking on stove. I do find that nowadays I easily forget even the simplest cooking technique. As I seldom cook due to lack of time and energy.  In order to curb from making uncooked or inedible dish, I choose to fully utilize my pressure cooker despite the unlimited time during restriction movement order.
Till then, have fun in cooking edible dish to fill you up during this restriction movement order.

References:
[2] Example of my perfect 3/4 boiled eggs using 2.5 liter pressure cooker https://serinurulbeauty.blogspot.com/2020/03/my-perfect-half-boiled-eggs-using.html

No comments:

Post a Comment