Links

Monday, April 20, 2020

My dinner meal of steamed rice and marinated chicken

My simple dinner last 8 April 2020. I am able to cook steamed rice and marinated chicken in one go. Able to achieve such with my precious 2.5 liter pressure cooker [1].
I marinate the 2 pieces from 16 cut chicken pieces. Using pandan leaf, garlic, ginger, salt and soy sauce. I put marinated chicken at the bottom. With skin towards bottom. Then I put trivet on top of the chicken. So that I am able to place my rice bowl steadily on top of the marinated chicken. I use function steam, texture rich for 12 minutes.
The look of the ready cooked meal.




I tear open the chicken meat to show that the inner meat is fully cook. Proven dummy proof meal using my 2.5 liter pressure cooker.
Ingredients sequence:
1) I put marinated chicken. The skin part facing bottom/base of the inner pot. 
2) I put my trivet on top of the meat. This is to ensure steady placement of rice bowl.
3) Putting bowl with rice.
4) I put lid on top of the rice bowl as I prefer such way.
5) The look of nicely cooked steam rice.
6) The look of the chicken meat. The liquid/soup at the base comes from chicken meat.
7) The look of fully cool chicken meat.
I do not use cooking oil at all for the chicken. That is the beauty of using my precious 2.5 liter pressure cooker. Helps me to save a lot of ingredients.
I prefer this cooking method as I am able to get complete meal within one time cooking process. Save my time and energy. However, it is just my preference. I am learning to simplify the dish to suits my cooking preparation time. I know it is very simple meal for others. But what matter the most is self cooked meal easily prepared. Plus my tummy is full enough with it.
Fortunately I am fine to have my chicken soft and tender instead of crispy. Have to learn to embrace the limitations. Also learn and accept healthier way of cooking method.
Actually this is consider luxury food for my meal during restriction movement order. Normally I will eat steamed rice with hard boiled eggs. Have to carefully ration the chicken stock for my cats. They prefer to eat chicken than egg.
Till then, have a good time cooking your own meal.

Reference:

No comments:

Post a Comment